Receiving an immigration benefit through a family member can happen through various ways. At Rosario Law, I will make sure that you are informed of all options available to you. This allows you to make fully informed decisions before deciding your path. To find out more information about your particular situation and to see how Rosario Law can help you, fill out the contact form or call my office at (412) 440-7861.

  • Relatives of US citizen
    • Immigration separates family members of United States citizens into two categories, immediate relatives and preference category relatives. Immediate relatives have “immediate” visas available and are allowed to continue with processing their applications for a green card without visa delays. Preference relatives must wait to file for their green cards until there is a visa available in their specific category.
      • Immediate
        • Spouse
        • Parents
        • Unmarried Children under the age of 21
      • Preference
        • Unmarried Children over the age of 21
          • These individuals fall under the First (F1) preference category.
        • Married Children
          • These individuals fall under the Third (F3) preference category.
        • Siblings
          • These individuals fall under the Fourth (F4) preference category.
  • Relatives of Lawful Permanent Residents
    • For persons with Lawful Permanent Residence (Green Cards), there are more limitations and as a result can only petition for their spouses and unmarried children. Once a child is married, the Lawful Permanent Resident can no longer file for that child, unless the child ends their marriage.  All petitions filed by Lawful Permanent Residents fall into the preference categories as follow:
      • Spouses and Unmarried Children under the age of 21
        • These individuals fall under the Second (F2A) preference category.
      • Unmarried Children over the age of 21
        • These individuals fall under the Second (F2B) preference category.
  • Fiance/Fiancee
    • United States citizens are also allowed to file a petition for their fiance. This process will require your fiance to attend an appointment at an United States Consulate or Embassy abroad in order to receive their visa.
  • Waivers
    • Unfortunately not everyone can qualify for an immigration benefit, but for many of those persons, a waiver is available allowing them to qualify for the benefit.  Each waiver has its specific requirements for the applicant to qualify. For Family Based cases, the following waivers could be available:
      • I-601A, Application for Provisional Unlawful Presence Waiver
      • I-601, Application for Waiver of Grounds of Inadmissibility
      • I-212, Application for Permission to Reapply for Admission into the United States After Deportation or Removal